Tulip Blinds is aware that its business activities impact the environment and are committed to ensuring these activities have the least possible detrimental effect.
We are committed to:
- Complying fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice, and regulations.
- Assessing the environmental impacts of our operations, continuously seeking to reduce pollution and improving our resource efficiency through reduction of energy use and waste.
- Promoting environmental and energy awareness with our employees through participation and training.
- Working with our customers to make more environmentally sensitive choices.
- Monitoring our progress to ensure ongoing improvements in our environmental performance.
- Communicating this policy to stakeholders and the public and working with our neighbours to improve the community.
Other specific issues relating to Tulip Blinds Environmental Policy include:
- Reducing our carbon footprint as part of a carbon management strategy.
- Optimising energy efficiency and conservation in all operations.
- Controlling and managing energy efficiency in our business and promoting energy efficiency.
- Reducing the impact of transportation of our goods.
- Actively promoting reuse and recycling both internally and amongst our suppliers and customers.
- Using a cardboard crimping machine, we shred and re-use all our cardboard packaging from suppliers to send out to our customers.
- All our blinds are aluminium and are 100% recyclable. The raw material is made from 10% recycled aluminium.
- Minimising waste generation by applying reuse and recycle options where possible.
- Minimising waste generation and unnecessary resource usage during the stages of planning, design, commissioning, and operation of new and existing processes, and equipment.
- Reducing packaging on all our products where feasible through better design.
3. Continuous Improvement
- Setting specific improvement targets, monitoring progress, and communicating results internally.
- Continually improving through the development of environmental performance evaluation procedures and associated indicators.
- Developing specific objectives to continually improve our environmental performance.
- Setting objectives and targets for continuous improvement. Measure and review our performance regularly and communicate the results.
- Continually performing improvement in minimising environmental impacts of our business.
- Promoting continuous improvement by setting, monitoring, and reviewing our environmental targets and objectives.
- Choosing suppliers that adopt best environmental practices and make this the procurement policy of our company.
- Purchasing products and services that have the least environmental impact, where this is feasible.
- Encouraging suppliers and contractors to implement sustainable environmental systems.
- Minimising the use of hazardous chemicals and solvents.
- Supporting local suppliers as possible.
- Encouraging environmental awareness among our employees and customers through appropriate communication and training programmes.
- Promoting environmental awareness throughout our business.
- Ensuring that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to its standards.
- Continuous training of all staff in all environment-related issues.
- Informing and motivating all of our staff and encouraging them to play an active role in committing to our environmental policy.
Linda Boland Fisher – Co-Director of Tulip Blinds.